Saturday, July 10, 2010

Patience

I am not a patient person.  I admit that freely!  I will shout it from the rooftops...I AM NOT A PATIENT PERSON!!!  I like to imagine that when God was creating me He got distracted.  Maybe as He was adding the ingredients that makes me...well me...some beautiful angel walked up and asked a question like..."What are we gonna do with that Littlest Angel that keeps knocking everyone's halo off?"  (I love that book by the way...if you haven't read it...please do and if you have visit it again...it will renew your spirit...I promise!  But keep a tissue nearby.)
So maybe God goes off to have a talk with the Littlest Angel and comes back and is all..."Now where was I?"  Clearly He had His hand on the patience bottle so He assumes He put it in or maybe just maybe He has to add just a tad of impatience...you know so we wont be too perfect...cause let's face it as much as we try we can never be like God...nor can we ever do what Jesus would do...but that's a blog for another time. 
So maybe He adds two dashes of impatience and leaves out the cups of patience all together.  Who knows! 
This I do know...I hate red lights, I am annoyed by slow drivers, I think that when you text someone they should respond ASAP!  When you have to be somewhere and your dressed and ready to go but can't leave for 30 minutes that is torture for me!  When your appointment is at 1:30 but you aren't called back till 2:00...what is that?  Seriously!  I have a life too people and it doesn't involve sitting in your office watching the fish and having sick children cough on my healthy children just so I can go in and have you tell me that they are doing great.  ummm duh!  Or when they do call you back with your three young children and put you in a room the size of a mailbox and you wait another thirty minutes for the doctor well that right there is my own personal version of Hell! 
But then I think back to certain things and maybe He just goofed and added a dash of patience and a couple of cups of impatience instead of the other way around.  Because there are times when the patience pours out of me like a cup overflowing.  Like when my children wanted to be nursed in the middle of the night...I could sit in that chair holding those sweet warm bodies forever even as my heavy lids refused to stay open.  When my oldest had his tonsils and adenoids removed and he lay in post op moaning until they sat me in a rocking chair and his dad picked him up and laid him in my lap.  I rocked that big boy forever with a grape Popsicle dripping down my chest and onto my clothes while he clung to me and slept.  That right there is my version of Heaven! 
Maybe it's an age thing...maybe my impatience is a sign of an overly busy life.  Would I change it just so I could have patience...no way!  Do I wish I had more patience?  Sometimes but then again...if I did I wouldn't be me...and most days I like me.

No comments: