Sunday, July 4, 2010

Home Church

I love my church...my husband and I started attending it when we were dating (20 years ago) and joined when we dedicated our oldest son to the church (13 years ago). I can't imagine going anywhere else...but on some Sunday mornings, when I feel like we have been running crazy every single day, I don't want to get dressed or go anywhere. That's sounds bad doesn't? God chose to wake me and my beautiful family up...the least I can do is haul my lazy butt to church right? But what if your heart isn't in it? You know those days that the the pastor is up there giving an amazing message and all your doing is writing a grocery list on the back of the bulletin...or thinking of where you want to go to lunch (sorry Pastor David ;0). Those are the days that my husband and I have created home church...we pile in the den in our jammies with a steaming cup of coffee and our Bibles...each of the kids reads a Bible story and tells what it means to them...we have discussions...sometimes lengthy and serious and sometimes short and silly. I love home church...I love to hear what my children think about the Bible verses and stories and why those chose them. I like to think that God smiles down on us during our home church...because after all..."For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." Matthew 18:20

No comments: