Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Buying school supplies used to be fun...

I spent my day yesterday combining three children's school supply lists, then going through the "leftover" school supplies that came home last year and marking off the list.  Today I will take my three children and our combined list (that is only on my phone because my stupid printer only prints when it wants to) and purchase said school supplies.  I know what your thinking..."Kimberly, they offer those neat little packages and all you have to do is write a check!"  And you know what your right...I could write three checks totaling a combined $180(ish) dollars and be done with it.  But here's the thing:
1.  I loved picking out school supplies when I was growing up...it was so fun to choose the things I wanted to use while at school.  (Of course now they don't let you use just any folder, it has to be a "blue, vinyl, three hole punched, brad and pocket folder"...boring!!!  And don't even get me started on why one kid has to have 300 sheets of filler paper and the other two have to have 260.  Or why the Kleenex for one kid is 100 count and the other two is 60 count.  Seriously?  Does it matter???
2.  I'm determined that I can save money buy buying these things in bulk and splitting it up between my children. 
Am I delusional?  Yup probably but oh well...off we go!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

First, thanks for reading my Snarky blog. Your blog is awesome and so much more visual interesting than mine. I think I need some tips. Secondly, I got your back on the whole school supply thing. Shopping for school supplies is a family tradition at my house and it also means lunch out after we're done shopping. So go forth and buy those number two pencils in bulk and know that you are not alone in saying no thanks to the $75 "kit" offered by the school. Happy Shopping!

Kimberly said...

Thank you Sherry!