Thursday, July 8, 2010

Angel's on Earth

The other day I picked up my oldest (aka 'The Jolly Green Giant' as he has the best smile and is going to be so much taller than his dad or myself, he however, is not green) up from camp. He was gone for a week! To Kansas! Two states away! It was torture to have him gone! But while I drank in the presence of him as he helped to clean out the 10 hours worth of snacks from the van my eyes wandered over to his sweet blond headed friend. A precious boy who lost his mother too young. When she died so many people grieved. Her husband, her two young children, her parents, her sister, our church family...and me. I was a young mother with young children when we met and even though her youngest and my oldest were the same age I listened to her motherly wisdom like each word she spoke was gold! God took her too soon from us but I truly think her place was never supposed to be with us. She was the epitome of an angel on earth!

As I looked over at that sweet tired boy, all I could think was how she would have loved to have been there. She would have been there 30 minutes early (like I was), she would have wrapped him in a bear hug and whispered a prayer of thanksgiving for his life in his ear. She would have smiled the most beautiful smile while their 'so blond it's white' tresses shone in the light of the moon.

As I grabbed my boys bag full of dirty clothes and said my own silent prayer of thanksgiving that he was back home I sent up a prayer wishing she could have been there...but then again...she was.

No comments: