Friday, July 16, 2010

Just a little break...

I ran away for a couple of days...loaded up a bag, jumped in the car with three of my girlfriends and off we went.  Sounds carefree right?  Wrong...don't misunderstand me...it was a FABULOUS time full of laughter and silliness.  But we were also calling our families checking in reminding about what needed  to be done or how something needed to be handled or even handling things that quite frankly could have been handled by the spouses and children left at home. 

But that has me thinking?  What would have happened had we not made the countless phone calls and texts back home?  Would everyone have made it to their activities, would they have remembered to take the checks that needed to be paid or to make the phone calls and that needed to be made? 

My sweet husband hunts and fishes and travels for work and when he calls in he is calling in to say hey, that's it.  When I call in it's to say hey but usually it's a reminder also of who needs to go where and when.  Of course he had it all handled, he remembered every little detail (it might have been the detailed list I left on the table for him) or he might have remembered on his own?  ;0) 

I have no doubt that while I'm gone my children are well taken care of but I have a hard time relinquishing the control that I have when I'm home.  Is it because we don't think they can do it as well as us?  That it wont be done the way we WANT it to be done?  Hmmm...sounds like I need to test a theory?  Road trip anyone? 

Just kidding babe!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Had to edit the picture...my sweet husband told me my arms looked weird...I love him for caring... ;0)

Anonymous said...

I look forward everyday to reading your next blog. I treasure them, they make me laught and cry. They also make me realize how awesome the little things in life are.
Love,
Mom