Saturday, August 7, 2010

I think 37 is gonna rock...

So the first day of my 37th year on this beautiful Earth, was one of my best beginning's of all birthday's.  The day before my sweet husband loaded all of us up in the truck and drove to New Braunfels for a little tubing, a little shopping, a little sight seeing, a little eating.  But the first item on the agenda , after Bucee's of course, was to stop and buy this...

Um, hello??? Can you say tuber heaven!  This is the granddaddy of the tubes, double tube with a headrest and cooler in the middle.  Me and my girl were floatin' in style!!!

Of course, the Princess is a daddy's girl and was a little fearful so she made him ride in the double tube first which gave me the opportunity to ride solo down the shoot, yeehaw!!!

Of course directly after my "Yeehaw's!" and "Whoopee's!" of this shoot came another shoot, a shoot that held large rocks, and as I rode over the rocks yelling back to my family, "Lift your butts up!" I mistakenly didn't 'lift' high enough and endured a rather large, really nasty looking bruise on my left gluteus maximus!  Nice!!!  See what a good mom I am, always looking out for them!  I was told that other members of my family also hit rocks though I see no physical evidence so I assume they are just trying to make me feel better. 

I spent 2 1/2 hours on that river enjoying watching my children ride the river for the first time each  and thinking back to the last time my sweet husband and I rode the river together.  We tent camped with another couple, it was miserably hot but oh so fun.  Of course I was very young (early 20's) and not sure how much I actually remember.  There are pictures somewhere, hopefully they will never surface!

This would be me trying to figure out how I can do this on a daily basis, being paid to float the river, sounds like a good job to me...hmmm

Beautiful, wonderful, day full of fabulous memories but it wasn't done.  After my bath, where my daughter insisted on sitting on the stool and talking with me (who wants to relax and read in the bath anyway?).  I came out to find the house on fire.... 
not really but geez all those candles really lit up the kitchen.  Yes my sweet husband made the cake and decorated it with pink hearts and XX's and OO's!  I feel loved!

37 just might be the best year yet!

No comments: