Thursday, November 25, 2010

What are you THANKFUL for?

Thanksgiving shouldn't be the only day we give thanks but it seems that it is the one day that we all go around saying what we are thankful for.  Why don't we do that more often?  Why, instead of complaining, don't we walk around saying "I'm thankful for...".  I have a few friends that do seem to always be thankful and I'm thankful for them and their cheerful attitude...most of the time.  I admit that sometimes that cheerfulness just sends me over the edge...I kind of want to knock them over.  (Not really, but sort of.  You know who you are!) 

But today, today I want to shout from the rooftops what I'm thankful for! 

I am THANKFUL for a father that is here with us to enjoy another Thanksgiving!  In the midst of his multiple medical issues he is here for another day!
I am THANKFUL for a mother that knows only how to give and give and give!  The most selfless person I have ever met!
I am THANKFUL for a husband who loves me, flaws and all.  Who has stuck by me through the good, bad and ugly.  Who chose me (even though I'm pretty sure I made it impossible for him not to)!
I am THANKFUL for my Jolly Green Giant who has the biggest heart of any kid I have ever known and loves to stop me in the middle of whatever I'm doing and give me a hug.
I am THANKFUL for The Author and his precious tender heart hidden beneath his tough guy attitude.  (Secrets out dude)!
I am THANKFUL for The Princess who makes me smile just looking at her.  Who dances through life with so much joy!
I am THANKFUL for my friends (near and far) who are there to share a drink, a laugh, a shoulder, a prayer, a tear.
I am THANKFUL for the men and women who are fighting so that we can be FREE!
I am THANKFUL for husbands, wives and children who are missing their soldiers on this holiday so we can be FREE!
I am THANKFUL for an awesome God and that I BELIEVE!

I am THANKFUL!!!

Don't be shy, tell me why your THANKFUL!!!

No comments: