Saturday, November 6, 2010

Conversations with my dad...

Me: "You want a smoothie?"
Him:" I want ice cream."
Me: "No ice cream, how 'bout a smoothie?"
Him: "Why can't I have ice cream?"
Me: "It's 9:30 am you don't need ice cream how 'bout a smoothie?"
Him: "It's almost 10:00am and I want ice cream"
Me: "I'll get you a smoothie".

These are the conversations you have with a man who had a stroke 18 years ago.  These are the conversations you have with a man that has Parkinson's, Congestive Heart Failure, Pulmonary Hypertension, Sjogrens...
These are the conversations I have with my dad! 
These are the conversations that one day I will play over and over and over in my mind and they will make me smile and laugh and cry.  These are the conversations that one day will be just one of the many memories I have left when I can no longer go over and kiss his forehead.  These are the conversations that will live in my heart and in my mind forever and I will treasure each and every one.
These are the beautiful conversations with my dad!
This is my dad!

No comments: