Friday, January 10, 2014

Gaining a little perspective...

So this morning whilst rushing around my (very messy but warm and comfortable) home on the way to my (I sometimes don't want to go to but stable) job, I almost dropped a large container of oats.  I was standing in my kitchen alone while my 3 (healthy) children were in the back also getting dressed and as I narrowly caught the container I said aloud 'Oh that would have been a catastrophe!'

WHAT???  SERIOUSLY???

This is what I consider a catastrophe?  The moment the words left my mouth I was crazy embarrassed (not that I was talking out loud to myself...cause that's totally normal) but that this narrowly missed, minor inconvenience brought the words CATASTROPHE out of my mouth.  I don't know about you but I think I might need some perspective.

Today I promise to try and find the good (even in the frustrating moments). Today I promise to laugh more and complain less.  Today I promise to remember just how very blessed I am...I don't have everything but I certainly have ENOUGH!


No comments: